Unread 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #10377
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.t View Post
Hello All,
Having read 6000 + posts, I am still a little confused about the 57cm / 22 1/2" weber replacement grate you guys are buying.
Is this measurement the weber smoker itself or is it the grate ?
My drum measures 20" internal diameter, so the real question is...would the 57cm / 22 1/2" weber replacement grate fit inside ?
Any help appreciated,
Cheers and beers
Sam.T
How about buying the cooking grates for the 18.5" kettles? you will likely need longer bolts to hold them in place. Hopefully the length of the bolts won't interfere with pulling the charcoal basket in and out. Another option might be to rig levels in your drum by bolting short lengths of chain that would hook onto the grates. When you take the grates out, the chains would fall to the side and leave plenty of room for basket removal. I have not tried this - just thinking aloud.
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote