View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Just buy a rib roast and cut off the ribeyes for steak, or burgers, whatever...

Then you can cut the ribs as meaty as you want. Out here, which is of no help to you, I go to the fancy grocery store in Berkeley, where everyone wants the bones cut off, there are always great racks there, as the head butcher says she doesn't mind leaving meat on the rack.
I may have to go that route. Any suggestions for stores e.g. Costco/Sam's/Kroger. I guess the warehouse places would be the cheapest. Now I need to find a good tutorial on how to cut them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
If you have a Halal shop, they often have very good beef at great prices and often, they will cut to order.
Why didn't I think of that?? There are many halal butchers around here! I'll ask the guy who I get my goat meat from. Thanks!
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote