View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehawg View Post
How do you make sure the point is done without overcooking the flat? I have only done flats before and have never gotten the nerve up to try a packer. I stay broke most of the time and find it hard to let go of that much money at one time for an "experiment." Daggum brisket in this area runs between 4-6/lb unless you find it at a deal (which is not often). Don't know what has driven up the price of it that steep cause it wasn't but just a few months ago you could get it for 1.45/lb all day long. I guess everyone just decided to start trying to cook it and the demand has just swelled beyond the supply. Makes no sense to me. You can get a whole ribeye from the grocery store for 5.99/lb and have it custom sliced and sometimes they are only 4.99 but some of the other cuts that you would expect to be cheaper because they are tougher, are actually more expensive per pound. It has me confused.
How do you make sure the point is done without overcooking the flat? I never worry about the point IF you keep it pointer to the FB it gets a little more heat once the flat probes tender the point is done too.
I have only done flats before and have never gotten the nerve up to try a packer.Packers are easier to cook.
Don't know what has driven up the price Drought! We have been thinning herds for economic reasons. The lack of water not only for the cattle but feed growth has caused the price of raising Beef to become expensive fro us producers, so a thinning of the herds become our only recourse to sty in business. it just costs to much to truck in feed and water. Less beef going to market with the same demand means higher retail prices. Select Chuck roast was 4.98 lb when I got that brisket.

Thanks from:--->