Originally Posted by landarc
There are a couple of other thoughts I have.
1. If you see this as an opportunity to market your name, but, you are not in control of the base ingredients, sides etc...then you risk you reputation on their decisions of sourcing and sides. This is not always a good risk.
2. Are you doing only the cooking and none of the plating? Have you settled on who moves the meat into the kitchen? Is there a kitchen? Are you really just cooking, or will you be doing plating as well?
3. Have you really considered pricing and whether the people coming to a bar are willing to pay for food. Food in a bar is not often a profit center. Do you get cash on closing, or is this to be an account type of thing?
1. I see this a great opportunity to get my name out to more people and if its advertised on the radio thats money in the bank. I will be cooking mainly just the meat and will have a say in the sides. I have BBQed for this bar many times in the past and its aways been a big hit. There food is excellent so no worry on bad sides.
2. I wont be plating, There staff will help, and yes there is a full kitchen.
3. I will be getting pay after the gig. I wouldn't have it any other way.