View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Love that! I can't recommend enough making a fatty out of home made bulk - if you get the notion, give it a shot.

Andouille is next in the rotation along with first time Brats for me. And those stuffers do make life much better.

I'd love to hear more about the pepper jelly process.
The pepper jelly is somewhere in the archives. I do things a bit different as I juice the peppers rather than use a blender or food processor. Other than that it's pretty straight forward:

3/4 cup bell pepper juice
1/4 cup jalapeno juice
6 cups sugar
1.5 cups cider vinegar
pinch of salt

Bring to a boil, remove from heat and add 2 pouches of Certo pectin (can't really recommend others). Return to heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove and skim any scum from the surface.

Sterilize the jars ahead of time and after filling I boiled the filled jars for 10 minutes.

I've used habanero and datil peppers from Saint Augustine for different jellies. I always go back to jalapeno as the benchmark.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->