View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #18
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Invest in a very comfortable pair of shoes because you will be on your feet for long hours. No more of that put some meat on and have a beer. There is no time for that once you do it as a business. There is always something to do. And find someone to do the business side for you. Paperwork, marketing, taxes, insurance, permits...all of that can steal your joy if you don't have someone to handle it for you.
This really says alot..The paperwork really takes the fun out of it..I use Quickbooks however you still have to keep it entered...stay ahead on your advertising and invest in two or three pairs of good shoes..load your cooker up at midnight then you have to be there at 8 am..or before..get someone to train on your methods so they can be there either to open or to close...a good crew to clean and close was the key for me...makes my next day meat prep easier...try to plan your big cooks (20 or thirty pork butts or briskets) on one night and have an extra person that morning to pull them and chill them...hold ina cooler while waiting to pull..this will get you through a coupledays when you dont want to cook nightly..