Originally Posted by Shiz-Nit
Can you inject the oakridge brine product like some of the other big name products like butchers? and get the same results?
The short answer is: Yes, you can.
However, I don't inject chicken thighs. They are small enough, the brine gets in there very easily without needing to inject.
Pork Butts are a different story. I highly recommend
injecting them with Game Changer at full strength mixed with apple juice and ginger ale in a 50/50 ratio instead of water. I try to get at least 10-12 ounces into each butt.
Here's the process:
- Trim your butts like you usually do.
- Coat HEAVILY with our Comp or Secret Weapon rub.
- Cover butt tightly in two layers of plastic wrap.
- Then inject down through the plastic wrap until the butt can't take no more.
- Rest in fridge or cooler for at least 8 hours.