View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

"catering" with a WSM is more like "personal chef'ing". To paraphrased "Jaws": You're gonna need a bigger boat (cooker).
I don't cater now but when I did I used the heck out of my Kingfisher stickburner to turn out port for 200-400 and ribs, brisket, chicken, etc. for Superbowl parties, smaller church functions, business holiday parties, birthday parties, etc. I can't imagine trying to go bit without the proper equipment.
Also, simple things like tongs, aprons, chafing pans/stands, gallons of rub and sauce, TIME (never enough), dealing with weather and customer personalities...it's indeed a job. As was said earlier: check out how many friends and family will pay what your work is worth - and always, always, always, get enough deposit to pay for any up front costs before you start. Cash the check at the customer's bank - do not deposit to your account and then find out it bounced! It'll ruin your day and credit rating.
Good luck! It's fun but REAL HARD WORK!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->