View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
cynfulsmokersbbq
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Invest in a very comfortable pair of shoes because you will be on your feet for long hours. No more of that put some meat on and have a beer. There is no time for that once you do it as a business. There is always something to do. And find someone to do the business side for you. Paperwork, marketing, taxes, insurance, permits...all of that can steal your joy if you don't have someone to handle it for you.

I agree with you, good shoes are a must.

I was never a put it on and go have a beer guy anyway. I was always a put it on, and then go do some research about what else I can cook.

Whether it is cooking the meat, or getting the beans or slaw ready, I love it all. It is more about being around the atmosphere than just being around the pit. I don't love all the business side, but because it is my business I do enjoy it. With marketing, and paperwork and all also comes all the compliments. It is a hell of a compliment to us when we get asked to vend an occasion that may be six hours away just because they have had a few request from people that have eaten our BBQ before. That is the business side that is rewarding.
cynfulsmokersbbq is offline   Reply With Quote