View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #19
fantomlord
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
It sure does! I love a fatty cut of beef and when we've run out of ribeyes, rib roasts, chuckeyes and the like, there's always an abundance of chuckies left in the freezer from our steer! BTW, yes covered. You can also just use powdered beef soup base in place of the Lipton if you don't want the rehydrated onions. The first time you try it, leave out the traditional potatoes, carrots, and onions. They put off so much liquid that it messes with the carmelization on the beef. I do mine in a separate CI pot with a soup bone for flavor.
decided to go with your suggestion. Did the chuckie in the DO, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips and some onion in a separate CI skillet, made gravy out of the drippings, and put it all back together at the end...it was fan-farking-tastic! definitely the best pot roast I've ever made. only problem is that I ate way too much, and now I've got to get my overstuffed self to work
no pr0n though...didn't realize the pic I snapped was blurry until way later maybe next time

Thanks from:--->