View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
ssv3
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by abq5701 View Post
Thanks for the quick replies. The review on the KJ was very informative. Does anyone have a similar review or additional information on the Vision Pro or Classic. I will definitely be doing a lot of slow/low cooking, but want to use for a variety of cooking.
I've had the Vision Pro for about 6 months now and absolutely love it. So much so that my brother picked up the Classic and my friend picked up the Pro as soon as they saw mine. The Vision customer service is top notch as I had a few very minor issues to resolve. For exapmle, I had one of my ash drawer vent knobs become loose and call and before I said anything they sent me out a new drawer within 5 day of me contacting them. The cermaic vessel, the lid, the firebowl etc. are just as good as BGE and the rest. All the parts on it are pretty much stainless steel which is a plus. JM also mentioned on the top vent being stainless steel but on the pro the top vent is powder coated cast iron as well. Classics are the only ones with SS top vents. I have been extremely happy with my PRO and the food it puts out is amazing. I've done pizza, briskets, butts, ribs, tri tip etc with excellent results. The KJ cooking surface is about an inch or so smaller IIRC. Most Large BGE and KJ accesseries also fit on the Vision. Case and point, I have the KJ heat deflector and pizza stone on my Vision. There are guys that have used the LBGE plate setter as well. Again, most accessories will fit on the Vision. Funny thing is I was debating between the KJ and Vsion as well and went for the Vision for the price and have been happy. If it weren't for Vision I wouldve gone KJ for sure though. YOull do fine with either. Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions you may have.