View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
oh this brings up a interesting question. Ok, so now that i have moved and im on a very very strict budget, i cant buy wines for cooking with. Alot of auces require dry white wine or dry red wine. i dont have 10$ to drop on a bottle of wine for a saue. Nor do i have neighbors that will share. haha. so what should i do? i know there are some substitutes, but are they as good? i mean for dry white wine, one of them was the juice from canned mushrooms. lol.

thanks
Aldi's $3.99 "Winking Owl" Cabernet and Chardonnay...it's drinkable but a lot like 2 Buck Chuck from Trader Joe's (Which Aldi's owns by the way). Canned or bottled juices won't get the same result - but you can make a nice sauce without the wine -- takes some imagination.

You can use vinegar (I make my own) - but good vinegar costs as much as inexpensive wine.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote