View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
cynfulsmokersbbq
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Why does everyone who can cook a butt want to get into catering?

Cook for your friends and family for a couple of years and then if you still want to be a caterer (doubtful) you will have a good idea of what needs to be done.

Not rude, just honest brother. ;)

I have been catering and vending for three years now, and it is the most fun I have ever had in my life. (and I've had some pretty serious fun!)

I wouldn't trade it or leave it for anything, and I'd almost do it for free. (not really, but just making the point of how much I love what i do)

BUT: I did just what Bubba said for about three or four years before I got into it. I also had a mentor that I owe all my success to, and to this day I can text him anytime and he will get back to me within minutes.
Also my first gig, was a vending event, I served 700 people and thought I was on top of the world. I spent the profits on another smoker. (my wife wasn't happy) IT was the only event I did that year. I wanted to let it soak in, and master what I had learned both success and mistakes. The next year I did probably 12 events, this past year I am up to 30 events. I am happy, it grows slowly and that is how I want it to grow. I want a masterpiece before I throw the doors open.
cynfulsmokersbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->