View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Jacked Up is right on...also look at your menu and place you higher profit items where the people will notice that item first and make it sound like it is the best deal for them...Brisket and ribs are tough on the bottom line...however brisket stew catches thier brisket fix (soup equals good profit) and add to a pulled pork sandwich or mac..... dont drop your price, just call it a "SPECIAL"
Labor costs really add up at the end of the week and sending people home will not cause a good work enviroment. A busy night is busy and well everyone has to belly up and make it happen..however on a typical busy night if it is slow there is always cleaning to be done, fridge stripped out and food that got pushed back etc..have them get a jump on the nightly stuff and bust out early..how many times when you are busy and everyone has to stay / clean / organize for the start up of the next day and it is midnight..and the smoker isnt even running for tomorow..so watch the staff head count because I noticed that adding someone thinking it is going to be busy cuts hard into the overall... however I never was able to get 35% for the week...I think my best was 38....and I was shooting for 28%..and then I faced reallity..