View Single Post
Unread 11-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post
Unfortunately, the two-piece heat deflector is an accessory for the Big Joe. The Kamado Joe Classic model heat deflector is a single piece. I'd love to see that option added for the KJ Classic myself, but I will come up with a work-around in the mean time. I will probably take my angle grinder to another pizza pan that is the same size as the heat deflector and cut out the inside of half of it.
KJ showed a two piece split heat deflector on their Facebook page a few weeks ago along with the announcement that other new accessories are coming. Another one I like is a metal water pan that has little dome "feet" on the bottom so all of your liquid doesn't boil off so fast.

Neither has shipped yet, but they said the are shipping 2013! I'll be getting both of those.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Yoder Smokers 24" Firepit, Weber: 18.5" OT (L), SJG (AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT (L), Traeger Junior, ECB

Runner-up in the 2014 BBQ Brethren Beard Tussle . My Son won the 2014 "peach fuzz" category
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote