View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
shirknwrk
is one Smokin' Farker

I have an Egg...like it a lot but I'd get the KJ if I were getting another one... More goodies for the money, prefer the shelf layout on the KJ (BGE) angled slightly inward, slightly thicker ceramics in certain areas (where the halves meet) and fewer reports of gasket problems. Also like the color choices... Would love to have the red one. The dealer would influence my decision... If one dealer was primarily a BBQ supply store and knew what he/she was talking about, I'd go with that one over a store simply sold them in addition to lawn mowers and plumbing supplies. Ask the dealer how they handle warranty issues... My Egg dealer will replace a cracked firebox or fire ring out of his own stock and get BGE to send him a new one. No freight costs. (Never had anything crack, though). KJ seems to have their act together... New dealers popping up all the time.

If considering the XL Egg or Big Joe KJ, check the newest KJ... I think they made the dome on the new ones a bit higher, but I'm not sure.

Found this: (on the Egghead forum, of all places) http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1...ve-new-big-joe

Looks like they have raised the "shoulders" of the KJ, making the dome appear flatter.
shirknwrk is offline   Reply With Quote