View Single Post
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #854
rubizuk
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Bought my first 22.5 in 1974 and used it all of the time, then work got in the way and to save time I started grilling.

After nearly 20 years of not using my kettle, the pastor at my church talked me into a electric smoker and I bought one. I smoked several things, but wasn't really satisfied, then my memory of the kettle told me you can do better on that old kettle than this electric smoker, so I bought 2 racks of ribs, you guested it, I smoked one rach in each.

After the test, I sold the electric smoker and bought a WSM 22.5. I was using the WSM almost exclusively then again I told myself I can do this in the old kettle.

I have since bought from Craigslist as Red Performer SS and a late model Performer. I haven't used the WSM now of months and probably won't again until I do a large cook, say several racks at once.

I just found out about using clay fire bricks in my kettles and the applying the minion method, wow, I got over 4 hours at 275* with RO and didn't have to add even one piece of lump.

Weber Kettles are the greatest, we just need to experiment and try different things. I don't think the inventor's fully understood what they built and how versital they really are, besides being very portable.

Thanks from: --->