View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I have the Lang, an original 84 before they called it 84. I have an old Brinkmann 1/4 inch
offset that's much smaller but cooks pretty good, all things considered...

I like both. They're different, and I do prefer the reverse flow, but you'll note that I've
still not converted by old brinkmann. I think if you're looking to purchase one, I'd have
it way up there in consideration. However, covert? I dont know I think you could
make a decent cooking smoker not cook well if there's not the precise air flow, or if
the grease drain isn't done well...

Perhaps, if you could have it done for very little money, then perhaps I would...

I cant really adequately compare my smaller pit to my larger pit, because they're
not apples and apples. The reverse flow does seem to distribute the heat and smoke
MUCH better, with no real hot spots and a much narrower temperature spread front
to back...
Hance - Lake Dogs Cooking Team - MiM/MBN/GBA CBJ and comp cook
Lake Sinclair, GA (strategically about an hour from darn near anywhere)
Started competing in chili cookoffs back in the 1990's and have competed in more than I care to count. I became a CBJ in MiM in 2005, then MBN and in GBA in 2010. I've probably judged 130+- BBQ comps (sanctioned and unsanctioned) over this time. That said, I really enjoy competing more than I enjoy judging, and hope to get back to doing 4 or 5 a year in the near future.
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote