We're underway. I've got this 19-some pounder a friend gave me. It'll be a first as I've limited my previous efforts closer to 14lbs. Did a dry brine as mentioned in Tish's thread. Seasoned and sealed for almost two days, I got up this morning at 6am to air dry the skin in the fridge.
Going to stuff the cavity with aromatics and just started my coals.
I tried about 4 different setups to accommodate the bird's size in my 22" kettle. Pretty close, maybe too close, to the lid using the cooking grate, I tried charcoal baskets, clay saucers, and even small clay flower pots. None of these gave me much extra headroom. I was also worried about stability. Went with a Pyrex baking dish to support my pan. Lord, please see me through this with some success.