Originally Posted by Toast
No Prob Brother.
1. First you get the wife in the kitchen to stat peeling taters (After she gets back from store with said taters).
2. Then she makes bowls out of them being careful not to cut through the bottom or sides so they do not leak. The bottom has to be flat so it will stand on it's own (You may have to supervise here).
3. Wrap a strip of bacon around the bottom using toothpick to hold bacon.
4. Then she chops your favorite stuffing. Green onion, bell pepper, red onion, whatever you like. Put mixture into each cup.
5. Put a pad of butter on top of each cup and place on your grill or smoker around 300 to 350*F. Cook until bacon getting done. To check for doneness, use a toothpick to poke through bacon and bottom of cup. Should feel like a firm done potato. Check it at bottom because this is the thickest part.
6. About 10 mins before pulling from grill, add a cube of cheese to each cup and cook until melted. Sprinkle with you favorite seasoning. We use Tony's or Slap Yo Mamma.
See pic's below:
Wonder if I can convince my wife that this is the low calorie version....No sour cream.
When people are looking for new and exciting appetizers, you should include these.