Here is a video I did grilling some steaks on the Jumbo...peaceful quiet grilling.
Here is my cook log for the beef short ribs: Weather was 60F with light wind.
- 2:30 – Start
- 3:00 – 211F at dome
- 3:30 – 246F at dome. Took a quick peak and since I had it open added three unlit briquettes.
- 4:45 – 248F at dome. Added ten unlit briquettes.
- 7:00 – 276F at dome. Ribs looked delicious and I took them off the pit.
- 7:30 – 275F at dome. 245F at the grate. I was just curious at this point; the ribs were in my belly.
- 8:00 – 267F at dome. I stirred the coals and restacked with tongs.
- 8:30 – 257F at dome. All ribs fully consumed.
I ended up buying the 18 inch hinged grate to make adding charcoal easier. If you wanted to do a really long cook then you will need to use lump. With Kingsford the ash was building up fast and there isn't an easy way to clean it out during a cook.
Again, many apologies for the massive pics. Still can't figure out why my flickr photos wont load.