View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #18
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Try doing a search for some of my Mojobrick cooks, I've really put them to the test and documented them in a Bandera with Brisket & Butts, Sirloin Ball tip roast and rib cooks on the BGE, Chicken and Salmon on the Cajun Bandit, Pork collars in the Cookshack Smokette, Chicken on a UDS and Brisket on the Backwoods. I even smashed a few cubes and used them in the Little Chief Smokehouse for Maple cold smoked Cheese!
Cherry and Maple are the only varieties that I have sampled and I have been very happy with the results. I cut them into 1/3 or 1/6 depending on the cooker and meats.
The first time I used one it was in the Bandera, and I went in with the expectation that it would be a long burning source of heat, well, it was a source of heat allright and it definitely got the drafty Bandera firebox up n roaring!
I got the same results you encountered with your UDS. But I recovered and set the next whole brick off to the side and it smoldered away and I will say it was probably my best cook on the Bandera.
After that, Mojobricks are cut up and used exclusively for smoke.

I'm really glad Fred has packaged the "Qubes" for retail sales, I used them at the 2012 Evergreen Eggfest and handed some out to some dealers and I think they should be a no-brainer for Eggheads or casual grillers.

I love Mojobricks!

KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com

Last edited by swamprb; 11-16-2012 at 10:06 AM..
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->