View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Remember Rudy's is a Chain, I bet them briskets come out of the back of a Cisco of a Ben E. Keith truck. You get the same thing at Costco. I've hauled meat from IBP to all them places. Meat is like gasoline' Gas comes from the same pipe and goes into different trucks to all different stations, Meat comes out of the packing house on to a refer truck and the same truck will have a few stops on it for different outlets.
You are correct in a general way. TX does still have a few large independent meat packers...but most restaurants do use Sysco or one of the other food services and the meat coming in will usually be in a IBP box: approximately 70# per case for brisket. A few years managing for Luby's (when it was actually Luby's and not an extension of the Pappas kingdom) taught me quite a bit about sub-primal cuts and meat packers!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote