View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScott View Post
Is injecting briskets really that big of a deal? All of us are accustomed to tiny syringes but I'd wager that using a brine pump with a 3 needle injector wouldn't take any time at all.
That's what i was thinking also. If you look at other commercial restaurants they do a whole mess load of stuff their products. Hell when I was cooking, making the god dang sauce took two days between roasting bones, making stock, reducing wine etc. When I look at someone making meatloaf commerical, I'm thinking that's a lot of work there. Compare that to the average bbq joint - Trim, rub, toss in smoker.

Plus if you think about it, the man power is also much less too. Think about that poor sap who has to saute the same chicken breast 150 times all night vs us who take out of warmer + slice.

Not saying we SHOULD inject. But if it really made things that much marginally better, I couldn't see a good kitchen manager being able to schedule extra time for it.