View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I'm running a Cajun Bandit modded 22.5 kettle and have been wondering about this whole question since I started using it this summer. The CB uses a large pan like the WSM, and I've always run it with water.

I've heard/read all of the suggestions here before, but still left with this... When I cook 4 packers or 6 butts in it, I end up with several cups of fat combined with meat juice and rub in the water pan - if/when I've let the pan run out of water, the fat burns (I don't like that flavor on my meat) and sticks to the pan really bad. If I just foil line the pan, won't I still have the same problem of fat burning (clean up would be easier tho)

how does everyone prevent fat from burning? if you use foiled sand, eventually the sand will come up to temp and burn the fat, right?

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote