View Single Post
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
Teamfour
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPhan View Post
isnt that thread just one person who is having problems holding temps. I would imagine that is fairly common with all the smokers are one point or another...uinless you get a kudzu kooker....60% of the time it works every time.
Yes that specific thread is about one owner. However the additional thread linked to in that post is six pages long and has many other owners lamenting on the temp control issue.

Personally I think the Pitmakers are amazingly constructed. I just decided to go with a BWS based in research and observation.

I can load up my BWS with lump, get the temp to about 20 degrees from target, shut the lower left vent, close the exhaust to about a third, set the guru to target, and voila - it will run at the target steady for hours. Temp recovery after opening the door is about 10 minutes.
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
MABA Member
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote