Rub/Inject or Both.... Final Results
I wanted to post my results from the previous thread request for my 1st smoked brisket attempt.
First I would say it went pretty well, but far from perfect. Since I am temporarily dislocated from my Home in GA, my WSM is sitting in the corner of my Apartment not doing me a bit of good so I had to use the old standby for this smoke.
It turned out very moist and flavorful but not near enough bark or smoke flavor.
Things I would do different next time.
1. I will smoke with wood not chips.
2. I will put the meat on cold not room temperature. (just to see if it will produce a better smoke ring)
3. I will try my hand at injecting as well as with a rub.
4. I will go lighter on the rub.
5. I will use USDA Choice.
6. I will cook a little higher than 220.