View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
TailGateJoecom
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Smoke View Post
I have been to Dickmans, the new store is great. There are a few issues with them as to their pricing, sometimes it depends on who you ask on what price you get.

What I am looking for is kinda like trying a new Lump or a Exotic wood for Smoke.

Southern Arizona cattle are mainly raised on native Arizona forage, I have seen this and it does not look very appealing. I would like some Alfalfa and Clover raised beef.

I really want to get some Hamburger to start, I love a good tasty burger but just cannot seem to find the flavor I grew up with. The Kansas City Stockyards was a high lite in my youth.

Found a couple places, one is http://www.alderspring.com/ out of Idaho. That is the type of info I was looking for. Some good Beef from areas that raise and sell there own product. Figured someone had used a source like this one and could comment on the quality.
You want to try some awesome burgers and don't mind ordering online, http://www.lafrieda.com is the place to go. They are local to me and I am a wholesale customer. When first starting out with them I tested the original blend, short rib blend, and brisket blend as well as the dry aged. I decided to go with the original blend. The dry aged was great and had an almost slightly nutty undertone, but felt for the money, I buy 120-160lbs at a shot, that the original blend was best. I went by this weekend to buy a small order for a friend and they actually had some skirt steak blend burgers that were also excellent.

I toured the plant, everything is ground fresh the day it is sold, he brings in his crew every night to fill orders. While other hamburger is made up in large part from scraps, theirs is purpose made from whole muscle. The dry aged burger meat is trimmed from the meat vault where they age the very expensive stuff for all the top NY restaurants.

Google Pat Lafrieda and you will see what I mean.
TailgateJoe.com -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party
FEC120
22.5 WSM
Crown Verity MCB72 72in grill, MCB48 48in grill
16x7 v-nose Haulmark cargo trailer with hd directv
If you are looking for the BEST commercial grade gas/propane grills let me know!
TailGateJoecom is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->