My build so far. The photos are in no real order, my bad. The nuts and bolts were soaked in pool acid and then rinsed and installed. I also hit them with an acetylene turbo torch again for good measure. The black wire rack is from an old gas bbq. I bent it just enough to get it to fit. I used self tapping screws for most of my initial holes and then came back with a drill and nuts and bolts and secured them with those.
Things that are really helpful, besides beer: Vise, self tapping screws, two cordless drills (one for drilling one for the self tap screws), a level, plumb bob.
It was really windy and cold too. The weed burner really kicks arse when starting the fuel. I used a mix of kingsford briquettes, mesquite wood and cowboy lump charcoal. I got her up to 400F to season the inside and test the waters.
Today Im smoking a ham on it, wish me luck.
Last edited by Arizona Ugly I; 11-11-2012 at 08:46 AM..