Unread 11-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLEN View Post
Thanks for the help Chris - Great work!

Very Tasty. Rubbed in a paprika and sugar style thing - Cooked on a UDS at temperatures ranging from 160 - 250 for about 8hrs.

Internal temperature was unobtainable due to the thermometer looking like it came in on an asteroid.

Fat side up, then fat side down, good mop every 1.5hrs.

Did't cook to the right temp in the end, leaving it still a bit tough, but let me tell you ma brethren, it tasted mega. Mega.

Consistent heat was the hitch. V2 will be better...
no problem, i dont mind helping. in the future, 165 degrees farenheit cooking temperature is waaaaay too low. that's like putting the brisket in the dashboard of your car in the summer. keep your cooking temp at least 225 degrees farenheit. personally i would suggest 275, but that's just me. also, if your temps you mentioned are in celcius 250 is waaay too high. just a heads up.

chris

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote