View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #27
R2Egg2Q
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
Awesome feedback, thanks all! Given a kamado would be my fifth cooker by the time I'm likely to buy, I have the luxury of not needing to buy something that will "do it all". I want an insulated cooker that excels at pizza and baking over live fire, and let's face it, it's always fun to master (aka: "play") with a cool new way to cook.

This weekend will be fun as I have a day all to myself and decided to spend it driving all over the bay area to see some floor models first hand. I suspect that after tax time I'll see how many nickels are left in the piggy bank and then either decide to spend for a "quality" model or go the other direction and grab a Char-Griller I can mod, learn and experiment on without breaking the bank. I really love the looks, style, and reputation of KJ, and would probably go that way if price were no object. Guess we'll see!
In your area you shouldn't have to drive too far to find those floor models. If you head over to the KJ dealer in Santa Clara you're only a few blocks away from Eggs By The Bay (a Brethren Egg dealer). I believe you have a Primo dealer in S.J. and I'm sure a Lowes to see the Akorn & maybe Cypress.

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Mini BGE, Superior Smokers SS-Two, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Imperial Kamado, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; Stoker, Rocket Red Backlit Thermapen, custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown!
R2Egg2Q is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->