View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #10262
somebody shut me the fark up.
Bludawg's Avatar
Join Date: 07-04-09
Location: Jonesboro,Tx

Originally Posted by Wh1skey6 View Post
I should have clarified. The paint from the outside didn't burn off. There was nothing on the inside.

I ended up using a vinegar bath to get rid of the rust. Added some elbow grease with steel wool and it looked good.

One last question - after the vinegar bath, I totally spaced about washing it out with soap and warm water. I just greased her up and seasoned for about three hours. There was about 1 inch of standing vinegar in the base, but I pour it out and wiped the inside down. Should I be worried I didn't wash in the inside with soap/water?
Acidic acid is a corrosive rinse it out with water and light it up let it burn for an hr to dry it out.
I'm a Proxy Vegetarian> Cows eat grass & I eat cows.
Bludawg is offline   Reply With Quote