Unread 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #10220
funugy
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1skey6 View Post

Questions:

1) Is the extra $12 worth it to get a food grade? The non food grade used to have cleaning stuff. Neither have a liner. Remember, I don't think I could get away with a big long burn.
2) Could I get away with using a propane weed burner on the non food grade? Is that hot enough to burn off any chemical that might, you know, make my next child grow a third arm?
3) If I go with the food grade, do I need to burn?
4) If I go with the food grade, do I still need to take a wire wheel to the inside?
My opinion would be to get the food grade to be safe, even though I still wouldn't trust that nothing bad was ever in it. The $12 difference isn't big enough of a difference to take a chance. If you did go with the non-food grade I would be curious as to what was actually in them. Either way I would clean with soap and HOT water and burn them, either with wood or a weed burner, Then clean again with soap and hot water. Just make sure it gets really hot.

As for with wire wheel, I didn't do that to mine since it was unlined. A good burn and good wash/scrub with a green-weenie should do the job.

Cheers!
funugy is offline   Reply With Quote