View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #42
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbbqguy View Post
The way I understand it is that Kippered Salmon is "smoke cooked". I got the method from Steven Raichlen's "How to Grill" and later figured out that the process was Kippering. I also gleened a lot of info from our friend Thirdeye on the process.
I usually dry cure w/kosher and brown surgar. Longer for thicker pieces, shorted for thinner ones as I don't want to remove toooo much moisture or get the fish toooo salty. Then I let salmon soak in some dark rum for a while then smoke it slowly on the UDS at a temp below 200* until fish gets to about 140*. Then it gets vac sealed and handed out to neighbors, friends for holidays.
Thanks so much for the info! Sounds delicious, I will give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky' View Post
really nice smoked salmon jeanie. i have never seen canned smoked salmon before. great idea. i sure wished i lived closer.
Thanks Sparky! If I lived out your way, I'd be stopping by at least once a week for your killer ribs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwa View Post
WoW looks fantastic!! Made my mouth water. Going to cupboard and getting some salmon right now :)
Pwa, Thanks! Bet your salmon is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
All I can say after getting my jaw off the floor is:
lol Thanks Toast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMaverick View Post
You are talented and full of great ideas. Your threads have lots of good info and pics.

Very nice Cowgirl .
BBQMaverick thank you! I'm trying to get a few things ready for winter and deer season. Seems like fall is a busy time for me.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote