View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

el ropo and superdan are right. i use a type of minion method to light my akorn where my lump is piled up kind of like a small volcano and i use half of a weber starter cube to light one piece of lump on top. i start closing down the vents at about 160 and it's not hard to park it at 250-275. the akorn tends to want to run hotter than the popular 225(225 is not required imho btw) but i like to let it because i'm more interested in a fire that's burning efficiently than being choked out. if you havent already check out the akorn section on the kamadoguru forum or jmsetzler has a ton of youtube videos about this grill. here is a link to the method i use to start my akorn and it works great. hopefully this helps and i havent rambled on too much

http://kamadoguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=637

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote