View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #23
Deeg
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hey moontz, thanks for the offer! My current plan is to create all the screens with the required controls, then I can pass that part to you for improvement. You can do as little as just making sure everything lines up or you can go crazy with sliders and icons or whatever else you think improves the interface. Then we can post screen shots here to get some feedback.

Once I get the PID stuff working I'll put the code up on github or SourceForge. Do you have a preference? If you don't care I'm leaning towards SourceForge since that's where most of my projects are. I'm hoping to have it up by the end of this weekend.

Edit: Forgot to answer your complexity question. Right now there are 3 screens:
1) Initial screen with multiple settings (i.e. text boxes) and a button to initiate the Android smoker service.
2) Status screen for displaying current temps, fan speed, and input to change thermostat setting.
3) "Settings" screen for shutting down server. In the future it will have other little-used settings like PID values.

Some day I'd like to add more functionality like graphing the temperatures, setting alarms, and automatically changing the temperature after a certain time. Or maybe something that turns down the heat after the meat hits a certain temperature. If/when I add wireless functionality there will no doubt be more screens. There's all sorts of crazy things we could add in the future.

Last edited by Deeg; 10-10-2012 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Forgot to answer moontz' question on complexity.
Deeg is offline   Reply With Quote