A successful first burn! I filled the coal basket up about 2/3 of the way and hit it with the torch. I brought the internal temp up to 325 (took about an hour to get there) then closed the air intake to about 1/3 open. I checked it an hour later and it was at 235, where it stayed for the next two hours (I only checked every hour) before it started falling. By this time I was down to 1/3 of the fuel left in the fire box. The third time I checked it, an hour later, it was down to 200 but the coal was all but gone.
Good news is that it seems to be air tight. The bad news is that it will be going through fuel fast.
While it was burning/seasoning I took the time to build the grills.
Now its time to paint, but I'll probably cook in it a few times.