First batch of the fall, third lifetime
Instead of the Rhulman method I used last spring I measured precise after trimming the bellies
Mortons Kosher Salt 39 g
Lt Brwon Sugar 21.1 g
Cure #1 5.3 g
Mortons Kosher Salt 37.5 g
Lt Brwon Sugar 20.3 g
Cure #1 5.1 g
Belly 1Cured for 8 days, Belly 2 for 7 also got 3 TBS of Grade B syrup for the last 24 hours prior to rinse. Belly 1 was a hair too salty (compared to 2) so let it soak for 15mins just to be safe. Xtra salt was most likely just because 2 was sweeter.
** Alowed to dry for ~30 hours to form pellicle
Has been in cherry/hickory smoke for about 2.5 hours starting at 80F and now kicking the temp up to 160-180 to finish.
Hoping things work out as well as last years batch: