View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #27
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Here's an idea, just for kicks, and since we are talking trimming already. Take all of those trimmings and go ahead and rub them, yep, large fat chunks, bits of meat etc...when you put the brisket on, also put these in a pie pan and put them on. As they cook, they will develop a bark and get plenty of smoke. Let them cook until they form that nice bark and remove them.

Now, bring them inside and throw them in a pan, decent sized one, add 3 cups of water and 2 cups of beef broth (I use the fancy stuff in a box now) and let the whole thing simmer until reduced by 1/4. Add 1 cup cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of rub. Let simmer again until reduced by 1/4. Remove and throw a handfull of ice in, immediately strain, Most of the brisket fat will come out, but, enough smoky, fatty, meaty jus will be left to add to the drippings to make a nice dip or sauce. Now, if you are not a 'no sauce person' you can add 25% by volume of blue agave syrup or 15% by volume of light corn syrup. And you have a great tasting brisket/pork sauce.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->