View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

Judge Report
Chicken 5 entries, 1 leg and 4 thighs. Thighs were 3 bone in and 1 boneless. 4 had bite through skin and 1 did not. The leg was the big hit for me. Great color, taste, dripping with juice. The thighs were great also but not as good as the leg.

Ribs -5 entries all spares. 1 were 4 over 4 bones. 1 was 3 over 4 bones, 2 were bones all in line and one I have no idea what it was...4 bones in a frame and then some bones in the middle but a few were upside down! I hope he didn't drop the box on the way to turn in.

Most all had a deep rich mohogany color all 4 had a great taste. One had a taste that we could not agree on what it was. Most of us didn't like it.

Pork - 5 entries. 4 had money muscle with either pulled or meat from under the bone. 2 of the MM's were mushy. None of them really tasted like pork. Table was disappointed.

Brisket - 5 entries. All were slices and 1 had burnt ends. 4 were very tender and 1 was not. Only one tasted like beef and scored well.

This is like my 4th or 5th judges report and I'm seeing some trends. I'll wait until the end of the season and will write a post on just "what goes on in the tent" LOL

Good luck to everyone at the royal this weekend!

Thanks from: --->