View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #27
jmoney7269
Banned

How much charcoal are you using for cooks and reloads? Obviously thats way easier than tending fires in offsets. How much charcoal will the basket hold? In my UDS, I use 1 mini split of pecan and cherry, 1O lbs of lump and 1/2 chimney starter to get it going. I have my fires lit by 530 and the briskie goes on @6 @300 in comps. 300 is my fav cooking temp. My thInking with the vault is briskets cooked on the top rack, 2nd rack pans to catch juice, middle rack 3 slabs for normal comps, 4th rack foil to shorten up bottom rack to make that area run a little hotter for chicken. In my mind the layout is perfect. Inhave studied and studied the vault, and I know that's what I want, there is always a little devil on my shoulder poking me saying "what about the sniper, you know you will get a better bark with a offset" ergonomically I think the vault will fit my needs better. There will only be 1 air inlet and it will not be a slide damper like current, it will be a ball valve just like for the water pan sonincan run the guru. I would think with 10 lbs of lump, some prelit briquettes and 2 mini splits should run 6 hrs no prob. I just need my fires to run from 6 am till 4 pm for comps
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote