View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
GreenDrake
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

My teammate bought the whole shabang this year, vault, sniper, grillmeister and all the goodies. I have cooked on both and honestly, they both rock. The Vault is a monster and is reverse flow vertical. Massive water pan on the bottom of it and the channels in the wall make it the vertical reverse flow so that the smoke must fill the box and escape at the bottom through the wall channels.

The Vault is EXTREMELY efficient on fuel. Much more than the Sniper, although I dig the sniper doors, they are so cool. The Vault is easy to preheat with a weed burner and holds temps like nothing I have ever cooked on before. That being said, my preference is for the Vault. It is built like a tank and will probably last a lifetime. The slam latches and finish are bar none the best I have seen for efficiency use and appearance. A small row of briquettes in a U shape around the charcoal basket, with a couple hunks of hardwood mixed in....will easily do shorter cooks like ribs with very little fuel usage.