View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

I think the overnight cook is your best option. Throw it on around 9pm. If you are cooking in a drum, you might have to check it around 3am-ish and kick the drum to shake some of the ash off the coals. Even if it takes longer than expected, you will have enough time to rest in the cooler and serve at the time you want to. Plus, you will have had a decent amount of sleep, without the stress of worrying whether the cook will be done on time.

I do an overnight cook every now and then. I like to set it up Fri night, so that when i wake up on Sat morning, get my cofee, and go out to the patio, I smell the meat and see the smoker going... its the perfect way to start the weekend!
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->