View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default I made some Green Chili w/pron.

I usually make my green chili with chicken and canned green chile's. I switched it up a little bit this time. I did use some leftover chicken from the bird I spatched the night before.

This time I added some pork to the recipe. I got some country style ribs or sliced pork butt. Rubbed it with some foil hat.

and smoked it for a few hours until it was tender but not falling apart. I eventually cubed this up as well.

The rest of the ingredients were diced onion, a few cloves of garlic, some Anaheim chile's that I roasted, chicken broth, mexican oregano, and some of this Hatch Green Chile powder that I picked up over at Da Gift Basket while I was shopping for some foil hat ingredients. Oh, and some beans Great Northern and Cannellini.

It came out great, could of used some more heat, but hey the wife loved it.

On game day I call it Eagles chili, and it must have been a good luck charm because the Giants missed the field goal, not once, but twice.

Jason

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Backwoods Ext. Party,
Vision Kamado,
22" WSM, 22.5 Weber OTS, Mini WSM, UDS "No.8"

Napkin Killers BBQ
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->