View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
is One Chatty Farker

Originally Posted by Deeg View Post
Where's the fun in that?!?! I also hope that my final controller is much cheaper.

More seriously, I see this in the description of the CyberQ: Open lid detect senses when the pitís lid is open to minimize the temperature disturbance and recover quickly to the setpoint, can be turned on /off (default is ON)

How useful is this? Is this something that users find important?

It also mentions that it runs on 12VDC so it can be used with car adapter. That makes a lot of sense so I'll plan on using 12VDC.
I heartily agree. I gave in some time ago and bought an iGrill thermo. When I was about to buy the iDevice to go with it, I felt like someone had emasculated me, so I returned it all. I have been wanting to build a similar thermo, but don't have the electronic know-how.

I'll be watching out for your Android-based controller - good luck!

PS- The easiest way to get probe in the cooker is by cutting a notch in the rim of the drum. Place probes in meat. Place meat in cooker. Place wires in notch. Shut the lid... much easier than running the probes/wires through grommets or the vent holes.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote