View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #25
cpw
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked UP BBQ View Post
I vend for a living, however you were able to pull off 55% profit off of those sales is amazing. You must be a slave driver! hahah I cant even get my net profit percentage into the 40's unless I get into the high teens in sales. Good for you man. COngrats on the win too!
That's why we were able to make a profit....we all worked for free, this was basically just a way to keep the pot full for the next competition. If we had to pay ourselves, we wouldn't have made much profit at all (if any).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrizzle View Post
That's awsome I've been keeping an eye on this thread. I have my first event starting this Thursday running until Saturday. I went today and bought 300 take out containers and 400 untinsel packages plus about $200 more dollars of supplies hopefully this will get me through the first day and a half. I'm glad things went well any other info would be great. Like prices. Menu ect.
Our menu was pretty basic: PP sandwich for $6, PP sandwich + 1 side $7, and a PP plate (meat + 2 sides) for $8. Drinks for $1.

For sides, we did coleslaw (which was super easy to keep up with), baked beans (which were a little harder to keep up with) and chips (we bought a 50 pack box that we ran out of).

The other issue was reheating the pork. We cooked it all beforehand and froze it. The plan was to reheat in boiling water, but we never had a chance to time how long it took to reheat (got too busy too quick) so we were running out of pork before the next batch was hot.
UDS
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Dixie Meat Rub
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote