View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Fat Freddy
Take a breath!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Wesley, I will expand on my thoughts on gave on your facebook post regarding this. Iowa gets awful chilly at times in Iowa and many teams only have canopies. Also I have seen numerous Ice and snow storms in late October.

I am not sure what it takes to become sanctioned but have you talked to the KCBS yet about sanctioning? Along those lines are you a member of the Iowa BBQ Society? I know our vice president has mentioned several times he wishes Iowa contest would all get together on their days and stuff. I am sure that wouldnt affect a November contest, but our organization has some very knowledgeable people that I bet would have good ideas

Are you sold on November because of some event or something? I know there are several dates that had contests in the past but didnt this year for one reason or another one was in September.

Those are just a few of my thoughts and other brethren may have better ideas than anything I said. But like I said definitely talk to both the KCBS and IABBQ Society to see what it will take.