View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Oh man, those look awesome. So did you put another layer of sausage on top of the balls that are on top of the bottom layer? How long did they cook?

Yep, I flipped another layer of sausage right over top and pushed down between each cheese ball. Then cut them apart with my pizza cutter and pinched the edges up a little bit more. Really, I could see just putting a pile of sausage in my hand and stuffing it with cheese as opposed to the ravioli style, although I would imagine it would take a bit longer. This way I was basically doing 12 at a time.

They cooked great, it's the first time I've ever cooked anything breaded on the egg and they actually came out pretty crispy. I think the double dip in the breading helped. They took about 30-40 min.

I also forgot to mention I used SM Sweet and Spicy in the cheese mixture and SM Spicy Apple in the breading. Bacon was supposed to go inside as well but I got a bit rushed.

Jason

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

XL
Big Green Egg
, 22.5 Weber OTS, WSJ
Gold/Mini WSM, 18" & 22" WSM, UDS "No.8"
Flyers Orange Thermapen
Napkin Killers BBQ
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->