View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #8
vexter1
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ View Post
you MUST get your cost down to 2 to 2.75 a pound. I will go through a 4 gal pale on a busy weekend..If you buy in bulk you can blend your own for a 1.50 a pound, however it took a couple years before I came up with a great combo that fits MY profile,,,if you buy very good products like smokiing guns, save for your self and special cooks, but when you have 20 butts on the smoker to vend, the expensive rubs will cut your profit way down...same thing goes for sauce...use a local favorite, one that the people recognize, keep your cost at 7 to 10 dollars a gallon, doctor that and call it your own...but add just little things..need to watch cost
I agree wholeheartedly which is why I was asking. Too bad someone hasn't copied Smokin Guns rub and posted the recipe right?! LOL! We've had a great first year - but I'm realizing the rub is one of the costs I need to get down.

I did some digging on a co-packer here in St. Louis - I couldn't find one - if anyone knows of one here in the STL area - let me know - I'd be interested - thanks!

Keep any other suggestions coming - I really appreciate the ideas and help!
vexter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->