View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #122
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagriller View Post
I dont post very often, but after reading this thread first it makes me want to cook a few basic briskets as most of the briskets i cook are for competitions and i really dont care for it all that much. Dont get me wrong I love brisket, but i love me some old school salt and pepper brisket cooked on my UDS. Second, what is with all the Aaron Franklin worshipping? Sure he has a resturant that sells out everyday, we have one here in town as well (that is not very good by the way) I havent had his brisket so it may be that good i dont know, but all this stuff about him cooking only with Salt and pepper etc... has been preached numerous times by our own Pitmaster T. Some of you may not like him but there is a wealth of knowledge there. I know he has helped me out quite a bit with his posts and even what little bit I have talked to him through PMs and Facebook. I guess it takes someone being "famous" for people to listen...
Hard to figure out when Donnie is on his meds....

But the crazy farker did teach me to use a pick to tell when its done instead of looking at a probe. I have had briskets done between 190 - 215 internal.